vrijdag 5 november 2010

Definition of pp

In my first blog, I would like to start with a short summary of wikipedia, it’s not the most scientific source but it can help to understand the main subject.

Product placement (=PP) or embedded marketing is a way of advertising, since the nineties, in movies or television shows, with no direct ads. Furthermore, PP is also more popular by some certain products, such as automobiles, consumer electronics and computers, and tobacco products. (For example, the cars in Sex And The City).

By surfing the internet, I found a lot of surveys, like the one by Steven L Snyder: “Movies and Product Placement: is Hollywood turning films into commercial speech?” or “Product placement in Hollywood films: a history”, by Kerry Segrave. To conclude, there are a lot of surveys and books, that can help us for the paper.

To finish this blog, I will tell something more about a linked word, namely ‘product displacement’. Some companies refused to use their products in a certain movie with non-flattering settings. For example the Slumdog Millionaire film; Mercedes-Benz refused.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Product_placement

Sophie Leyn

1 opmerking:

  1. As a response on the part about certain surveys, I found a better one than the ones who are mentioned before. It's written in a more understandable language, at least for me it is.

    Sophie Leyn

    (I have no idea how I can post a document, so I will mail it to our email.)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen